Thursday, July 14, 2011

I had a sick little boy again yesterday.  My dinner plans changed.  I had ground beef defrosted for cheesy beef and rice, but didn't have time to cook the rice by the time I was able to pass the boy off to Jeff.  He suggested tacos, so I whipped up some taco seasoning and browned the beef.  Someone dropped off a bag of tortilla chips and 2 packages of giant tortillas, so some of us had tacos and others had chips with taco fixing on top.  It was a great last minute meal, too bad I didn't have lettuce for it!

Tonight we had baked potato soup.  I have to tell you, when it was almost done I tasted it and I wasn't quite sure about it.  But then, then, I let it sit for a bit.  I then proceeded to blend it up with my immersion blender.  I didn't leave it very chunky at all.  I knew my kids wouldn't go for that very well.  We topped it with cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits.  Let me tell you, it was delicious.  I told Jeff that the only problem with this recipe was that there wasn't enough of it!  The kids all loved it.  I don't have that happen very often.  Usually there is at least one who doesn't like dinner.  This is a keeper!  You have to try it.

No comments: