Monday, June 27, 2011

slow going

I had to stop taking most of the herbs I was taking.  It was too much too quickly.  I continued with the echinacea and goldenseal formula for the two weeks.  Then I added the Immune Support formula.  By the end of the week I also added milk thistle.  This week I will start taking half the amount recommended of the rest of the herb formulas.  I haven't noticed any big difference in how I feel over the past two weeks, but I also haven't eaten very well due to traveling and attending a wedding.  I did, however, eat better than I normally do when flying.  I usually stock up on chips and red vines, but I passed on those this time and packed some home made graham crackers for Drew and myself.  That was a step in the right direction for me.  I did eat a donut yesterday morning.  It made me sick!  I won't make that mistake again. 
I am really struggling with all the time and effort it takes to prepare all of our food.  For me, it is a lot of hard work to keep up with four kids, clean, and make all our food.  I am thinking that I need to organize my time better.  I also don't have good recipes for dinner.  The traditional foods crowd tends to eat a lot of meat, but I want to limit our meat intake to 1-2 times per week at most.  I need to fine meatless meal ideas that my children will love.

No comments: