Thursday, May 19, 2011

why

My mother got sick.  She had breast cancer.  In researching her options, she decided that traditional treatments- chemotherapy and radiation- were not for her.  She had watched friends struggle through those treatments.  She watched them die.  With a two year old daughter, she wanted to live a normal life.  So she read books.  She studied and prayed.  She felt strongly that she should try alternative methods to rid herself of her cancer.  She tried to change her eating habits.  I think she struggled with that.  In the end, she lost the battle.   Along the way, she shared the knowledge she had learned with her family. 

After her funeral, my father talked to the family about his beliefs.  He felt that the foods we eat truly are important.  He urged us to heed his advice.  Since then I have been trying to learn more about diet, nutrition and health.  Diet isn't something we do, it is what we eat.  Over the last year I have learned even more.  As I study and seek guidance from the Lord, I feel that I know what I should do to help my family become and stay healthy.   I am grateful that I have been given so many resources to help in our journey.

I want to live a long, healthy life.  I want to be here for my children and grandchildren.  I want my children to be healthy.  These are my reasons for this journey.

No comments: