Thursday, May 26, 2011

snacks for my one year old

My son is 18 months old.  He is a growing boy with a huge appetite.  Having three skinny little girls who eat like birds, I was not prepared for this.  He is CONSTANTLY hungry.  With my girls, I would have given them store bought graham crackers, Goldfish, or Cheerios.  Since I am trying to eat only whole foods, these just won't do.  So what do I feed this little guy?  Sure, I cut up apples or feed him applesauce, but fruit just isn't filling enough for this little boy.  So today I made some graham crackers at home.  I used this recipe found at heavenlyhomemakers.com.  I used whole spelt flour instead of whole wheat, using about a 1/4 cup extra flour.  It was a huge hit.  The boy had one in hand almost constantly for the rest of the day!  The girls loved them as well.  We had one little cracker left when they went to bed.  One of these days I will post a picture, but for now just head over to heavenlyhomemaker.com and make up a batch of these tasty snacks!

No comments: