Monday, September 19, 2011

I found myself wandering around the kitchen the other day, looking for something to eat.  It occurred to me that I wasn't really hungry.  I was bored.  I don't want to eat just because I am bored!  So I posted signs on the cabinets and refrigerator to remind myself not to eat emotionally.  Instead, I can get a large glass of water.  If I am still hungry in 15 minutes then I am probably am actually hungry.  If not, I should be fine.  That is what the signs on the cabinets tell me to do.  So far it is helping (so far is two days).  I didn't realize just how much I was actually eating out of boredom.  I am finding that I don't need a snack because I am not really hungry between meals- I was eating because I was used to eating at that time of day.  It is helping me to listen to my body instead of my head when it comes to food, and that is how it should be!

Try it.  If you are feeling hungry, take a large drink of water and wait 15 minutes.  See how it works for you.

No comments: